LevelInfo – AU – Trump loses PGA championship with one big blow to stop massive losses on the golf course

0
0

From his presidential campaign to his four years in the White House, golf was a prominent feature of Donald Trump’s tenure as president, according to the Trump Golf Count website, despite the fact that the president has played golf at least 150 times since his inauguration in August 2016, claimed he would not have « time to play golf » if he was elected president In November, Trump was on the green when he learned that President-elect Joe Biden had won the presidential election

More importantly, golf largely played the role of a silent ally during Trump’s first term in office. For the past four years, the NBA, MLB, and even the NFL have drawn the president’s wrath after each other, albeit in different ways Measures, had distanced Trump, while Golf largely followed his advice

However, that changed dramatically on Sunday when the PGA of America stepped into the political arena and joined the ever-growing list of organizations, corporations, and even Republican politicians, who because of its role in the riots that caused thousands of him occurred, broke off relations with Trump Supporters storm the US. Capitol last week

The body that conducts professional golf events in the S.The PGA of America announced that it will exempt Trump National Golf Course in Bedminster, New Jersey from the 2022 PGA championship

« We are in a political situation that we did not create, » Seth Waugh, the US chairman’s PGA, told The Associated Press

« And how do we best protect it? Our feeling was given, given the tragic events of Wednesday, that we could no longer hold it in Bedminster The damage could have been irreparable The only real course of action was to leave »

This is a violation of a binding contract and you have no right to terminate the contract, « read a statement

« As an organization we have invested many, many millions of dollars in the 2022 PGA Championship at Trump National Golf Club Bedminster We will continue to promote the game of golf at all levels and continue to focus on running the best golf courses in the world »

The 2022 PGA Championship was set to be the first male major to be held on a course by Trump

According to Trump Golf’s official website, the president now owns 19 golf courses worldwide, 12 of which are in the US- Since his election as president in 2016, have hosted only two international events

The Trump National Golf Course in Washington, DC. Hosted the 2017 Senior PGA Championship – previously hosted the 2013 Junior PGA Championship – while hosting the Women’s U at Trump National Golf Course in Bedminster, New Jersey Opened the same year after hosting the USGA Junior Amateur Championship in 2009 and the Met Open Championship in 2014

In July, the New York Times reported that he asked Robert Wood « Woody » Johnson, the U. Ambassador to the UK to find out if the UK government would be open to control The Open Championship – also known as the British Open – at its Trump Turnberry Resort in Scotland

Turnberry hosted The Open four times before it was bought by Trump in 2014 and had a rota of 14UK Courses That May Be Selected to Host the Event in the Future It no longer appears to be the case when the PGA of America stripped Bedminster of the 2022 PGA Championship The R&A, which runs The Open, followed suit, ruling out Turnberry, who is home to the oldest major in golf

« We had no plans to host any of our championships at Turnberry and we will not do so anytime soon, » said Martin Slumbers, CEO of R&A, in a statement

« We are not going to return until we are convinced that the focus will be on the championship, the players and the course itself, and we don’t think that is achievable in the current circumstances »

The PGA of America and R&A’s decision to distance themselves from Trump is the latest blow to a company that was already battling the tide from a financial standpoint

Tournaments offer lucrative opportunities for those who host them, yet only two of Trump’s golf courses have hosted international events since he was elected president in 2016 at Trump National Golf Course in Washington, DC. Hosted the 2017 Senior PGA Championship – previously hosted the 2013 Junior PGA Championship – while hosting the Women’s U at Trump National Golf Course in Bedminster, New Jersey Opened the same year after hosting the USGA Junior Amateur Championship in 2009 and the Met Open Championship in 2014

The money and notoriety of hosting tournaments would have helped Trump’s chances to reduce losses on its golf courses around the world In September, a New York Times investigation into Trump’s tax returns over the past two decades found that the president put together $ 315 had reported 6 million losses on its golf courses during the reporting period

According to the report, Trump’s three golf courses in Europe – Turnberry, Trump International Scotland, and Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Ireland – have together reported $ 63 million in losses

Since Trump’s purchase, Turnberry has made major improvements to courses and facilities valued at more than $ 150 million, according to the most recent annual report available, the course had sales of $ 19 million in 2018, but posted a loss of $ 19 million nearly $ 1 million

The picture was similarly dire for Trump National Doral in Miami, Florida, the largest golf resort in the president’s portfolio, which had raised $ 162 million in losses worth 3 million by the end of 2018

Sign up for our daily newsletter for more articles like this one Access to 5 additional articles

See why nearly a quarter of a million subscribers start their day on Start 5

Donald Trump, PGA TOUR, PGA Championship, Trump Turnberry, Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland, Professional Golfers’ Association of America

level info – AU – Trump loses PGA Championship a heavy blow to stop massive golf course losses

Source: https://www.newsweek.com/trump-losing-pga-championship-huge-blow-bid-stop-massive-golf-course-losses-1561543

Abonnez-vous à notre chaîne Youtube en cliquant ici

Vidéo du jour: De la cocaïne retrouvée dans une école maternelle de Seine Saint Denis, deux enfants hospitalisés

– Pub –