Facebook has banned sharing or viewing our news articles on its platform For independent journalism, download our app directly from the source and subscribe to our newsletter
Less than a week before December 78 Golden Globe Awards and I Still Can’t Believe It: How did Netflix ‘universal hate guard Emily get two major nominations in Paris, including one for best TV series, musical or comedy?
It’s a good question, and one that’s even one of the series in-house authors introduced themselves, wondering why Michaela Cole’s revered I May Destroy You was rejected in favor of a show about “a white American who sells luxury white” But now the Los Angeles Times Investigative Department has a bombshell theory for it, and it involves the extensive use of terms like “ethical conflict.” and “culture of corruption”
The Golden Globes deserved a backlash for giving Netflix ‘fluffy Emily two major nominations in Paris
Oh man, this sounds like it’s going to be fine For us, not for the 87 international journalists that make up the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which runs and votes through the Globes
According to the Times, the Paramount Network, which Emily produced in Paris, treated over 30 Golden Globes voters to a lavish set visit for the show in France in 2019, which included a two-night stay at the five-star hotel on the Paris peninsula, where the rooms are currently for about 1Starting at $ 400 a night, and a press conference and lunch at the Musee des Arts Forains, a private museum full of rides dating back to 1850 and where the show was filmedâ ????
Yeah, I think I would totally remember when it was time to hand in my voting card
“They treated us like kings and queens” A member who participated in the junket told the Times that the report paints a bleak portrait of the globes ???? mysterious voters, including the “widespread perception” among Hollywood’s award campaigns “that members can still be blasted and swayed with special attention and access to A-list stars to take selfies with to post on Instagram”
Maybe it was the regular Globes host Ricky Gervais himself who quipped in his 2016 monologue that the Globes were “worthless” and a little bit of metal that some nice old confused journalists wanted to give you in person so they could meet you and take a selfie with youâ ????
According to the Times, HFPA members have often been portrayed as celebrity-obsessed freeloaders, exchanging votes for perks and access, and undermining any notion of journalistic credibilityâ ????
The report notes that the HFPA has weathered a number of embarrassing scandals About its almost 80-year history The surprise victory of actress Pia Zadora for Butterfly in 1982 was controversial for a long time, as her husband had flown HFPA members into his Vegas casino a few weeks before the vote in 1999, the then HFPA President Helmut Voss ordered his cohorts to “return 82 Coach watches valued at more than $ 400 each” This was received by members of USA Films who advocated a globes nod for Sharon Stone in their film The Muse
A representative from the group told the Times, “None of these allegations have ever been proven in a court of law or investigation, [and they] simply repeat ancient tropes about the HFPA and reflect subconscious biases against the HFPA”???? s diverse membership”
The Times has since published another piece dealing with the “diverse membership” of the HFPA and noted that while there are a number of colored people in its ranks, there are no black members According to an antitrust lawsuit filed against the HFPA by a Norwegian entertainment journalist last year, a member is deaf and legally blind in their nineties?
Golden Globe Awards, Hollywood Foreign Press Association, 2021
News – AU – Will Emily topple the Golden Globes in Paris?
Related title :
– Will Emily overthrow the Golden Globes in Paris overturn globes?
– Emily in Paris creators were accused of bribing Golden Globes voters
– Golden Globes Scandal! Emily in Paris The creators reportedly gave voters luxury vacations in France!
– See the best fashion looks that have ever appeared on the red carpet Golden Globes to Meet
– LA Times report reviews HFPA ethics, group has revealed No Black Members
– >> Hollywood Foreign Press Association: Some members want a big change in how they select Golden Globe nominees
– <a href = "/? S = Golden Globes, which have a limited number of Frontline and Essentials Invite Workers to Be a Live Audience at the 2021 Show Essential Workers to be a Live Audience at the 2021 Show
– Emily In Paris has wooed Golden Globe voters by meeting them during a lavish trip like & # 39; kings and queens & # 39; where they
– Golden Globes: Awards Committee Reportedly Has Zero Black Members
– <a href = "/? s = How to get 78 The 78th Annual Golden Globe Awards Annual Golden Globe Awards to