With an incidence rate of 901 cases per 100000 inhabitants, the mayor asks the government to “examine urgently” the situation
After the partial confinement announced on Monday in Nice and in 63 municipalities on the French Riviera, all eyes are on Dunkirk The epidemiological situation and the indicators are bad The latest figures suggest an incidence rate of 901 cases per 10000 inhabitants in the urban community This is more than in the Nice metropolis (700 cases per 100000 inhabitants)
The mayor DVG of the city of the North, Patrice Vergriete, asked this Monday for an interview with Jean Castex to “examine urgently” the situation which continued to deteriorate with “a rate always more significant number of cases of English variants (about 72% of cases, Editor’s note) »» “Dunkirk today deserves all the attention of the state, in the same way as the agglomeration of Nice and the Alpes-Maritimes”, he warns
The situation between the two territories is however different First, because Dunkirk is a “pocket” of contamination, in a department where the epidemic remains under control for the moment. North incidence rate peaks at 266 per 100 cases000 inhabitants, against 577, yesterday, in the Alpes-Maritimes AT?? Mayotte at the start of the month, the entire overseas department was re-defined for far more alarming rates: 800 cases per 100000 inhabitants If in Dunkirk, with 86 hospitalizations, the hospital reached saturation point, patients could be quickly transferred to other establishments in the territory
Finally, although the city – and its beach – is appreciated by visitors, Dunkirk’s potential for tourism and population mixing obviously has nothing in common with that of Nice on the return of the beautiful days The risk of the epidemic spreading to the rest of France and Europe because of the flow of travelers was much more serious on the French Riviera in
In a press release on Monday, the prefecture of the North recalled the need to avoid gatherings “including in private places” “The measures implemented are adapted and proportionate to the current situation at the local level”, estimated the state services in a press release
the 02/23/2021 at 8:58 AM
Obviously having yielded to Nice, will open the case law and this is how the country will still end up in the psychosis of the confinement of hypochondriacs and the health dictatorship to protect a part of the population which has all day to go outside while the others are at the mine This is ridiculous
the 02/23/2021 at 8:48 AM
the 02/23/2021 at 8:47 AM
Dunkirk, Coronavirus, Patrice Vergriete, Incidence
News – FR – Covid-19: after Nice, does confinement await the city of Dunkirk?
Related title :
– Covid -19: after Nice, does containment await the city of Dunkirk?
– Covid-19: l& # 39; incidence explodes in Dunkirk, the mayor requests an” urgent examination “of the situation
– DIRECT Covid-19 in Dunkirk: the mayors of the urban community are meeting this morning
– Containment: after Nice, another city alerts the health authorities, the incidence rate is really high
– Covid-19: the mayor of Dunkirk wants an interview with the Prime Minister, the government is procrastinating
– DIRECT – Coronavirus: l& # 39; concern rises in Dunkirk
– " Measures to be taken " ;: Jean Castex and the mayor of Dunkirk spoke to each other this m atin
– A situation " worse than& # 39 ; in Nice" ;: do we need local containment in Dunkirk?
– Covid-19: the United States exceeds 500,000 dead
– Coronavirus: The mayor de Dunkirk calls for an “urgent review” of the situation from the government