KINGSTON, Jamaica – Elaine Thompson-Herah ended the Wanda Diamond League on a high after she won the women’s 100m at the Doha meeting earlier today, running 10.87 seconds (0.0m/s) for back-to-back wins after winning in Rome a week ago.
Thompson-Herah was never challenged as she sped to an easy win, beating Marie-Josee Ta Lou – 11.21 seconds, and American Kayle Whyte – 11.25 seconds, while Anthonique Strachan of the Bahamas was fifth in a joint season’s best 11.42 seconds.
The Jamaican, who is the World Leader with 10.85 seconds that she ran in Rome, owns four of the top six times in the world with compatriot Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce having the second and third best times.
Meanwhile Julian Forte ran a season’s best 20.39 seconds to place second in the men’s 200m, beaten by Arthur Cisse’s Ivory Coast national record 20.33 seconds, while France’s Christophe Lemaitre was third in 20.68 seconds.
Another Jamaican, Yanique Thompson, was eighth in the 100m hurdles in 13.52 seconds, as American Payton Chadwick won in 12.78 seconds.
Now you can read the Jamaica Observer ePaper anytime, anywhere. The Jamaica Observer ePaper is available to you at home or at work, and is the same edition as the printed copy available at http://bit.ly/epaper-login
1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website
or in the newspaper ï¿½ email addresses will not be published.
2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been
submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic
4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
5. Please don’t use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than
accommodating if emailed: [email protected]
6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: [email protected]
Copyright © 2013 Jamaica Observer. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you.
Doha Diamond League, Diamond League, Doha, Athletics, Hellen Obiri, Faith Chepngetich Kipyegon
Actu monde – GB – Thompson-Herah ends Diamond League with Doha win